Terms of Business
The terms of business outlined below relate to all products available at Beautiful Brides including (but not limited to) bridal gowns, occasion wear and accessories. The placing of an order constitutes your acceptance of these terms of business. We reserve the right to alter these terms at any time without prior notice.
Deposits – Where goods are being ordered in advance, production and delivery of the order is secured by an initial deposit of 50% of the total cost. Deposits are non-refundable under any circumstances.
Cancellations – Upon payment of your deposit this order is accepted by Beautiful Brides and it cannot be cancelled for any reason whatsoever.
Order Details – It is the customers’ responsibility to ensure that the order form clearly states their order requirements in terms of style, size, colour, price and any other information which may have been agreed at the time of the order, verbally or otherwise. Only information entered on this form is deemed to form part of our contract with you.
Payment of the balance – The final balance is due within 14 days of receipt of your order at the shop. All goods remain the property of Beautiful Brides until they are paid for in full. Customers paying by instalments (greater than 2 payments in total) will be charged a £2.00 admin fee per additional instalment. We reserve the right to charge a late payment fee of £25 per month on all overdue accounts; the first late payment fee will be applied on the 15th day following receipt of the order.
Measurements – Once measurements have been taken you will be asked to sign to confirm that you are happy that this has been done correctly and to your satisfaction. Beautiful Brides cannot be held responsible for any change in body shape/size between the time the measurements were taken and the delivery of the order to us. In the event of a change to body size or shape the customer will be required to pay for the goods in full. This is also applicable to changes due to pregnancy and post pregnancy weight loss.
Fittings – An alterations service is available, it is an optional service and is offered subject to availability. Fittings and alterations are by appointment and are subject to additional charge. Please allow for a minimum of 2 fittings. Fittings and alterations are charged at £34 per hour or £8.50 per ¼ hour. Lingerie and shoes are required for the1st fitting, unless otherwise stated on your order form. Fittings take place at our premises,Tuesday to Friday and are by appointment.
Storage –We are unable to offer storage facilities with the exception of whilst fittings and alterations are in progress. Orders must be collected within 2 weeks of sewing being completed. We reserve the right to charge £25 per month for each month that goods remain uncollected to cover additional insurance requirements and safe keeping of your goods.
Borrowed samples – In the event that we have borrowed a sample from a designer on your behalf, we reserve the right to charge carriage at £50 per item plus any additional loan fee as charged by the designer. A maximum of £50 will then be refundable against the purchase of your bridal gown.
Delivery of bridal gowns – Where bridal gowns are ordered 6-8 months prior to date of wedding (may vary depending on style/specific requirements), we aim to receive your order 2 months prior to your wedding date, however, anticipated dates of delivery from the designers/manufacturers are approximate only and Beautiful Brides will not be liable for any delays in delivery, or any consequential loss. Please note our suppliers may deliver 4 weeks either side of the requested delivery date.
Supply of goods – Beautiful Brides will endeavour to supply the goods ordered by you, however, Beautiful Brides gives no warranty or guarantee save to make reasonable effort for the goods supplied to correspond as closely as possible to the customers’ requirements and that which was reasonably available from the time of order. If we are unable to supply any of the goods or services our liability to you is limited to the return of any monies paid by you for those goods or services, providing 50% of the total value was paid and you were measured not less than 6 months prior to the wear date or departure date.
Purchase of sale bridal gowns – Sale dresses are ex-shop display dresses and subsequently are “sold as seen. No responsibility can be taken for any marks or defects found after delivery. We offer a cleaning service at an additional charge. Minor repairs and dry cleaning may also be undertaken at an additional charge. Prices available on request. Sale items shall be paid for in full at the time of order and stored by the customer.
Inspection of goods – All items collected must be inspected by you before leaving the shop, as any damage incurred after leaving the shop is the responsibility of the customer. Beautiful Brides will not accept responsibility at any time for any damage that has occurred to the gown which would be deemed to be the fault of the customer. Prior to taking delivery of your order(s) you will be asked to sign a satisfaction note, confirming receipt of the goods.
Statutory rights – Your statutory rights are not affected by these terms of business.
The site www.beautifulbridesmidlands.co.uk is managed by ourselves. Our registered address is 11 High Street, Ruddington, NG11 6DT and we our company number is 5555405. Our VAT number is GB 870 2119 46
We will ensure your data is kept safe.
1. We will only use your personal data to enhance your experience.
2. We will protect your personal data.
3. We will always communicate clearly in a way in which is easily understood.
4. We will not spam. You will be able to decide how often you hear from us.
5. We will only keep your information when necessary – if we do not need to use your personal data, we will delete it.
At Beautiful Brides, we view it of high importance to protect the privacy and security of our customers. If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]
1. HOW YOUR INFORMATION WILL BE USED BY US
We will be using your personal data in different ways and the function we perform will depend on the information we require. We will be using your name and contact details to:
1. Send you messages via post, text or email. We must use this data to contact you.
2. Send you information and updates regarding your order. We do this, so we can keep you up to date with details such as our latest promotions or designer events. We will only do this if you give us your explicit permission.
3. To manage and protect our site security, particularly to detect and prevent fraud.
We will be using your contact history with us to:
This will be what you have said to us and the conversations we have had previously, e.g. on the phone or in person or on email.
• To provide you our best customer service when you contact us in the future, as we hope to assist you better with this information.
We will use information about the device you use to view our site:
This will be information you give us when you browse our site, including your IP address and device type and, if you choose to share it with us, your location data, as well as how you use our website.
• This will help us to protect our site.
• This will enable us to improve our site and set default options for you.
We will use information from accounts you link to us:
This will be in instances where you link your Twitter, Facebook or other social media accounts to us.
• This will allow us to provide you with product recommendations we believe you may like.
We will use your responses to promotions, competitions and surveys:
• This is for the purpose of completing these tasks, as we will require your details for our promotions, competitions and surveys to function.
*Please note, you are not obliged to provide this personal data to us. However, if you don’t, we may not be able to provide you with our optimal overall customer experience tailored to you. But, the most important thing is you have a choice whether you want us to have this data or not and can easily inform us if you change your mind at any point after consenting to providing your data.*
We also anonymise and accumulate personal information (so that it does not identify you) and use it for purposes including research, data analysis and improving our site. We also share this information with third parties.
Your personal data will be processed using IT and electronic tools, mainly via electronic and automated means or we will use paper documentation e.g. through our order forms.
1. HOW WE WILL USE YOUR DATA IF YOU’RE ONLY BROWSING OUR SITE
When users visit and view the site, we do not generally collect personal data, save as to “browsing data”. The platform which the site is made available to users automatically records some browsing data, such as the name of the internet access provider, the site of origin, pages visited, date and duration of the visit, etc. Such information allows you to access the site and use certain services, though this browsing data may also be aggregated and then used by us anonymously to test that the site is functioning properly.
2. SHARING YOUR DATA
We will not sell any of your personal individual data which we hold to third parties – this includes but is not limited to your name, address, email address or payment information.
However, there are times when it will be necessary to share your data. This is our statement which explains the categories of third parties we will share your data with in order to deliver our services to you:
• Companies that are involved in getting your order to you, i.e. suppliers, courier services (if you deliver goods) and payment service providers.
• Companies who provide us services which help our business function such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts.
• Credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies if necessary, so we can help tackle fraud.
• Companies approved by you, such as social media sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us).
In any case, we undertake to provide such third parties only with the data necessary to perform the duties and activities assigned to them. We also undertake to do everything in our power to ensure that these companies use the data received exclusively for the purposes indicated by us and in compliance with the applicable regulations on personal data processing.
If, at the time of registering for your account or processing your order with us, you opt-in and consent to our marketing messages, we will send you information via email and text to keep you up to date of new promotions and help you see our products.
If you no longer want to receive marketing messages, you can easily stop them at any time. You may object to any further use of your personal information, such as for direct marketing purposes, by contacting us using the contact details available on our website or writing to us at [email protected] You are also free at any time to opt-out of receiving such communications by responding to any promotional email to unsubscribe. You will then be opted-out of this marketing.
Once you do this, we will update your account to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages. Please note that, it might take up to 1 week for our systems to be updated, so you might get messages from us while we process your request. Stopping marketing messages will not stop service communications (such as order updates).
4. YOUR RIGHTS
Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) you are provided statutory rights, we are obliged to inform you these rights include:
• The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (as per our Privacy Notice).
• The right to access the personal information we hold about you (this is by a free subject access request).
• The right to rectify inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
• The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances.
• The right to stop direct marketing messages, which is explained at paragraph 4, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time.
• The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us.
6. CONNECTION TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
7. CHANGES TO THIS DOCUMENT
We employ security measures to protect your personal information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage, however, the transmission of information using Wi-Fi networks and cellular data networks may not be completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to us using our website.
9. KEEPING YOUR DATA
We will store your data for as long as you hold an account with us, as long as is needed to provide our service to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with us) for as long as is necessary to provide support. We will store your personal data securely for the duration of your contract with us and 6 months after the date of the goods being provided to you.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required.
10. COOKIES POLICY
Cookies are small files of data that are downloaded onto your electronic device used to access websites. Cookies allow a website to recognise a user’s device and help your browser navigate through the website by allowing you to log in automatically or remembering settings you selected during earlier visits (among other functions). Cookies do not harm your computer. If you would like to learn more about cookies in general, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
• for technical purposes essential for the operation of this website.
• to distinguish you from other users of this website, so we can personalise your shopping experience; and
• to collect statistical information about how visitors use this website, so we can improve the way this website works and measure the success of competitions and campaigns.